Picnic Pavilion Permit Reservations
Permit applications will be available for Matteson Residents starting the 3rd Saturday of January where a picnic pavilion permit lottery will be held at 9:00 a.m. Non-residents may obtain permits beginning the next business day. Applicants are required to provide a valid Driver's License with a photo or State ID upon applying for the permit. Applicants must be 18 years or older to obtain a picnic permit.
NO REFUNDS once the park is reserved.
Any special requests such as a bouncy house (moon jumps) certificate of insurance naming the Village of Matteson as additional insured for the event needed, must be presented to the Matteson Community Center two weeks prior to the permit date for approval.
Additional equipment or supplies, such as chairs, tents, etc. are the responsibility of the renter. The Matteson Community Center does not rent additional items for the shelter for a renter's event.
Permit Rules and Regulations
- Applicant must be 18 years or older to obtain a picnic permit.
- Use of any contractual vendors including, but not limited to pop-up tents or bouncers that will require a certificate of insurance from the provider naming the Matteson Community Center as the additional insured is required.
- Vehicles are ONLY ALLOWED in the parking lot areas. Unload the contents of your vehicle in the parking lot. This includes but is not limited to, grills and picnic-related equipment NO EXCEPTIONS. Vehicles are not allowed to be driven on grass, sidewalks, or pathways leading to the shelter this may result in a ticket.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed in non-glass containers under the covered shelter area only.
- To ensure the safety of children in the playground, picnic, and athletic areas our department strictly prohibits glass in the park.
- The sale of refreshments and the use of intoxicating beverages may not be sold in the park. Drunkenness will not be tolerated.
- Violations of any rules or regulations will result in tickets issued where appropriate, and exclusion from use of the Matteson Recreational Services Department facilities in the future.
- Picnic permits do not give the group exclusive use of the amenities within the park, the park and the playground equipment are open to the public.
- The permit holder is responsible for cleaning up their area and removing any temporary signs, and garbage cans are provided for trash.
- Dogs must be on a 6' leash and under control at all times. Owners must clean up after their pets.