On November 17, 2020 Governor JB Pritzker announced that Tier 3 mitigation's will be imposed statewide. As Village President and on behalf of the Board of Trustees, stand with the Governor on his decision to implement this latest mitigation effort to curve this virus in the State of Illinois and in the Village of Matteson.
The Tier 3 Mitigation's are summarized below and go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, November 20, 2020:
• Bars and restaurants (including private clubs and country clubs) must be closed by 11:00 p.m. and may not open earlier than 6:00 a.m. the following day. Bars and restaurants can serve patrons at tables with outdoor seating only; all tables should be placed six feet apart and no seating of multiple parties at one table. No indoor service or seating is allowed. Outdoor tables cannot exceed seating for six people. No ordering, seating, or congregating at the bar is allowed, and it is recommended that bar stools be removed. Reservation for all groups are required. No standing or congregating indoors or outdoors while waiting for a table or exiting the premises.
• Health and fitness centers must operate at 25% capacity or less. Indoor classes are prohibited. Face coverings must be worn at all times.
• Hotel room occupancy should be limited to registered guests only, with the maximum allowance being the number of individuals permissible per fire code. Fitness centers in hotels should be closed or operated on a reservation only model with capacity limited to 25% maximum room capacity. Grab-and-go food at hotels is allowed. Hotel event and meeting spaces are closed.
• Indoor recreation centers, including theaters, performing arts centers, and indoor museums and amusement centers, must be closed. Live streaming of events is encouraged with social distancing of performers and minimum operational staff. Video gaming locations and casinos must be closed.
• All indoor group sporting and recreational activities, including youth and adult recreational sports, are paused. Individual indoor training may remain with facility reservations. This restriction applies to park districts and travel leagues. Locker rooms should be closed.
• Outdoor recreational activities are allowed at 25% capacity, and group activities are limited to 10 people or less. Participants and guests must wear face coverings at all times. Reservation are required for each guest for outdoor activities. Locker rooms should be closed.
• In-home gatherings are limited to household members only.
• Meeting rooms, banquet centers, private party rooms, private clubs, and country clubs may not host gatherings. No party buses are allowed.
• Funerals are limited to 10 family members of the decedents, not including staff;
• For offices, all employees who can work remotely should work remotely.
• Regarding manufacturing facilities, there are multiple aspects affecting training, employees, visitors, leave, and other protocols.
• Personal care services must operate at the lesser of 25 clients or 25% of capacity. Face coverings cannot be worn at all times by clients and service providers. Services where a face covering cannot be worn must be suspended. Physical, occupational, and massage therapy are only allowed if they are deemed necessary by a medical provider, but appointments must be spaced by a minimum of 15 minutes, and facilities should take steps to sanitize and circulate clean air through service rooms before and after each service. Virtual consultations are recommended.
• Retail (including service counters) must operate at no more than 25% capacity, this includes general merchandise stores, "big box" stores that offer groceries and pharmacy, and convenience stores. Grocery stores and pharmacies may operate at up to 50% capacity.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 606,771 cases and 11, 014 deaths in the state of Illinois. Today, the Village of Matteson announces 1,042 positive coronavirus cases (COVID-19) and 27 deaths. The number of cases is continuing to rise in the Village of Matteson so social distancing remains very vital to battling and beating the Coronavirus. Please continue wearing a mask or facial coverings. Your cooperation is crucial, and I urge you to take these directives seriously.
In an effort to mitigate gathering and to lessen our risks the Matteson Village Hall will be open to the public on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and closed on Tuesday & Thursday during the mitigation period. The Village is suspending all water shutoffs until January of 2021. All municipal buildings also will be closed on:
• November 26th and 27th
• December 24th and 25th
• December 31st and January 1, 2020
Stay Safe and Together we are Matteson Strong!
Village President Sheila Chalmers-Currin