Recreation Employment Opportunities
The Matteson Recreational Services Department employs 6 full-time employees and numerous part-time and seasonal employees who operate programs and facilities throughout the year. We are always looking for energetic, customer-focused individuals to be part of our team.
The Village of Matteson is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and a safe, productive and drug-free work environment.
How to Apply
Positions may require special skills, applied background, certifications and/or level of education. Employment requires verification of past employment, proof of certifications if required, drug/alcohol testing, and a background check.
- Review the job postings, and follow the instructions carefully as to locations to apply in person, addresses to forward information, contact numbers, employment applications, or other required material.
- Download the Application by clicking on the "Recreational Employment Application" link above or on the Village website. The application is designed in the PDF format. Acrobat Reader or another suitable pdf reader is required to view and use the employment application. Remember that free versions of Acrobat Reader do not allow a user to save, so the employment application once finished will need to be printed.
- Submit your application via the mail or in-person as directed in the announcement. Applications will not be accepted electronically or by fax. All applications need to be fully completed. If you choose to submit a resume, please include it with the completed application.
- Unless a specific deadline is listed in the posting, positions remain open until filled.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by the Human Resources Department. Otherwise, applications are retained for one year from date of filing, and applicants will be contacted if a suitable opportunity becomes available.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Village of Matteson!
PART-TIME AND SEASONAL OPPORTUNITIES
Part-Time Building Attendants - Part-time Building Attendants to work 15-20 hours per week at the Matteson Community Center. Duties include general supervision of facility, monitoring activities, assisting the public and daily cleanliness of center. Must be 21 years of age and experienced in working with the public; fitness background is a plus. See position description for details. $9.50/hr., flexible scheduling, may be required to work evenings or weekends. Applications and position description available at the Matteson Village Hall, 4900 Village Commons, Matteson, IL. Submit applications to Human Resources Department, Village of Matteson, 4900 Village Commons, Matteson, IL, 60443. Positions open until filled.
Part-Time Member Services Representatives - The Village of Matteson is seeking to hire Part-Time Member Services Representatives to work 15-20 hour per week at the Matteson Community Center. Responsible for a wide range of services in greeting the public, providing information about programs and facilities, collecting and processing registrations, and data entry. Must have strong communication skills, and experience with computer applications and cashiering duties. See position description for details. $9.45/hr., flexible scheduling, may be required to work evenings and weekends. Applications and position description available at the Matteson Village Hall, 4900 Village Commons, Matteson, IL. Submit applications to Human Resources Department, Village of Matteson, 4900 Village Commons, Matteson, IL, 60443. Positions open until filled.
Group Fitness Instructors - Nationally certified instructors in group fitness, with secondary certifications in specialty classes such as kickboxing or cycling classes if teaching such classes. Must be certified in CPR and First Aid. Requires strong people and customer services skills and the ability to communicate effectively with staff and the public. The pay scale will range to $25 per class depending on experience. If interested, contact Tyrone Davis, Fitness Supervisor, at 708-996-4088.
Athletic Programming - Individuals interested in athletics and sports programs, working with people, instructing athletics classes, programs and workshops for Community. Times may vary including morning, evening and weekend hours. Instructors are encouraged to share their program ideas. All instructors must be 18 years of age, able to demonstrate skills, expertise, knowledge or a certification of the content to be instructed. Instructors with a specific interest, skill or passion that they would like to share are encouraged to contact Lisa Hill, Recreation Supervisor, at 708-996-4085, or submit a letter of interest with certifications or other information to the Matteson Community Center, Recreation Supervisor, 20642 Matteson Avenue, Matteson, IL, 60443.
Step Aerobics Instructor - The Village is seeking a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual to instruct Step Aerobics classes at the Village of Matteson Community Center. The individual will report to the Fitness Manager. Must have a Basic Step Aerobics certification and be certified in CPR and AED. Intermediate/Advanced certifications preferred. Instructor is needed to teach any of the following days and times: Saturday 9:00 am, Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Each class is one hour. If you have any questions, or need additional information, please contact our Fitness Manager, Tyrone Davis at 708-996-4088 or Tdavis@villageofmatteson.org.