Effective Date 2-11-2021
|CLASS & FEE SCHEDULE|| Prior to
|May 1st - Oct 31st|
|Passenger Cars licensed to driver and owner 65 years or older and/or any person who is receiving Social Security Disability Benefits *||$6.50||$13||$13|
|Motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, motor scooters, motor bicycles||$26||$39||$52|
Vehicles having a gross weight of 8,000 lbs. or less, including the weight of the vehicle and maximum load
|Class B Vehicles licensed to driver and owner 65 years or older and/or any person who is receiving Social Security Benefits *||$6.50||$13||$13|
|Vehicles having a gross weight of more than 8,000 lbs., including the weight of the vehicle and maximum load||$78||$110.50||$156|
* Only one reduced rate sticker per household.
New residents will be given 30 days to take advantage of the base fee unless they hold current a valid city sticker from their previous residence. Either the old sticker (showing number and expiration date) or receipt showing proof of purchase of old sticker would need to be brought in to take advantage of a $6.50
Transfer Fee. Thereafter, the increase in fees occurs in the same fashion in monthly increments. If you fail to obtain your sticker before the deadline, you will also be subject a citation by the police for failure to display a proper vehicle sticker.
Individuals purchasing an additional or new vehicle during the year MUST bring in a copy of the bill of sale for the new purchase, or will be subject to higher vehicle sticker price.
VEHICLE STICKER APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY:
1. The Vehicle Sticker Application Form is in Adobe Fill-In Format. Click in the space where you want to add your information, and start typing. Once completed, print out form. A vehicle sticker may be obtained using this form via the MAIL or at the VILLAGE HALL.
2. The required fee is listed on the Fee Schedule. The application will be returned if the required information is not furnished, and/or the amount is insufficient.
3. Mail BOTH COPIES of form along with a check or money order, made payable to the VILLAGE OF MATTESON for the required amount, or apply in person at the Village Hall, 4900 Village Commons.
4. A customer receipt will be retuned to you with your Vehicle Sticker. If you have any questions, please call the Village Hall at (708) 283-4900.
5. Senior citizen rates are available for residents 65 or older OR Social Security Disability Income rates are available to owner and driver. Must provide benefit verification letter at the time of purchase.
6. NEW OR ADDITIONAL VEHICLE: If a new or additional vehicle is purchased, application for vehicle sticker must be made at the Village Hall within 30 days after purchase in order to receive the lowest possible rate. There are substantial rate increases if vehicle sticker is not purchased before the deadline.
7. TRANSFERS: A vehicle sticker may be transferred to a replacement vehicle by bringing into the Village Hall the portion of the old sticker that shows the sticker number or the receipt showing the purchase of a current vehicle sticker. Transfers must be purchased within 30 days of obtaining the replacement vehicle to receive the lowest possible rate. There are substantial rate increases if the vehicle sticker is not transferred before the deadline.
8. Not responsible if lost in the mail.
9. Failure to receive an application will not relieve you of penalties accruing if vehicle sticker is not purchased before penalty date.
Click here to print Vehicle Sticker application.
Click here to print Vehicle Sticker Renewal.