- Message Regarding Waste Management Bulk Collection Services
Residents of Matteson,
Please be advised, that Waste Management has implemented special safety protocol in Illinois to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to ensure the safety of their drivers.
Until further notice, bulk item collection services have been suspended. Bulk items include large items placed outside of your collection container that would require the driver to exit their vehicle and physically touch in order to collect and dispose. Standard collection schedules for trash and recycling have not been affected. Remember, your container should be placed curb-side by no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
Waste Management call centers were temporarily closed as employees transitioned to remote operations, but have resumed service. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused, but appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this challenging time.
Updates can be viewed online at wm.com/alerts. Scroll down and select Illinois to see what updates are available in our state.
Click here for March 19, 2020 message from Waste Management
- Gov. JB Pritzker Calls for Moratorium on All Utility Shutoffs: https://abc7.ws/3drSIjE
- ComED Taking Steps to Support Customers: bit.ly/2U84hnj
- Comcast Announces COVID-19 Response to Keep Americans Connected to the Internet: https://comca.st/33xNi1M
- Nicor Gas - Energy Assistance Programs and Ways to Save
- Letter from Illinois American Water
- Letter from Amren Energy Assistance
- Letter from Nicor Gas
- Letter from People's Gas