The Records Division performs a variety of routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in support of the law enforcement activities. Such Duties Include:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where can I pick up an Application for the Matteson Police Department?
- Checking daily logs for police activities.
- Record and file citations, assign case numbers to incidents and maintain report and arrest files.
- Maintains the police records system, enters data and generates a variety of system reports.
- Dispatches information to officers in the field as needed.
- Maintains the Uniform Crime Report (UCR).
- Provides a variety of police related information and services to the public and government agencies.
- Assists walk-in complaints and incoming calls and routes the calls to the specific parties.
- Receipts and accounts for all money from fines.
- May be required to conduct searches or monitor dependents of arrested parents or guardians.
- Receives requests from officers on call for special or specific follow-up information.
- Provides a variety of administrative assistance as needed.
- Composes a variety of correspondence reports and other materials requiring independent judgement.
- Establishes and maintains records systems using moderately independent judgement.
A. Depending on the position call the Village Hall at (708) 283-4900 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday and Wednesday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Q. How can obtain a copy of a police report?
A. Copies of police reports can be requested in person or mailed. Police reports cannot be faxed.
Q. How can I pay or contest my parking ticket?
A. Exact cash, check or money order are the only forms of payment accepted. If you wish to contest a parking ticket, directions are on the front of the ticket. Hearings are held on the third Wednesday of every month at 7:00pm at the Matteson Police Department, 20500 S. Cicero Avenue. There is no parking on any city street after a 3 inch snowfall.
Q. What is the curfew in the Village of Matteson?
A. The curfew applies to children under 17 years of age: Sun - Thursday: 10:30 p.m. and Friday - Saturday 11:30 p.m.
Q. Is there any assistance for vehicle lockouts?
A. Citizens may request assistance for vehicle lockouts.
Q. My Vehicle has been towed. Where is it?
A. Vehicles towed by the Matteson Police Department are towed to Coys Auto Builders, 21739 Main Street Matteson IL 60443.
Q. How can I register my bicycle?
A. To register your bicycle you can either call Community Police Relation Coordinator, Mia Carter at (708) 283-4713 or contact the Matteson Village Hall at (708) 283-4900.
Q. How can I enroll in the emergency ID bracelet program?
A. Bracelets are now available from TRIAD and the Police Department for persons 65 and older and for disabled adults. Applicants should come to the police department between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. on the first Monday of the month. There is a $10.00 charge for an engraved bracelet. Please bring the following information: Name, Address, Phone number along with three emergency contact numbers as well as the number of your primary physician and a list of your significant medical issues and your allergies.
Q. How can I find out information about the Child Care Seat Program?
A. To request information about the Child Care Seat Program contact the Police Department at (708) 503-3130.